April 13, 2023, Augusta, Maine – Five Construction Projects Selected for 2023 Build Maine Awards
Five Maine construction projects were selected for the 2023 Build Maine Awards organized by AGC Maine. Over 200 people from the industry gathered together for a social event to celebrate the winning projects, setting aside the competitive nature of the industry to honor each team at the Kora Temple in Lewiston.
The 2023 Build Maine Award Winners are;
- BRIDGE DIVISION – Veranda Street Bridge Replacement – Cianbro Corporation
- ENERGY DIVISION – Peaks Renewables – N S Giles Foundations Inc.
- BUILDING DIVISION – Paul J. Schupf Fine Arts Center – Landry/French Construction
- BUILDING RENOVATION DIVISION – Building 12 – Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
- HIGHWAY DIVISION – Route 1 Emergency Large Culvert Replacement – Soderberg Construction Company.
The Build Maine Awards is a competitive process where a panel judges construction projects for the year’s best project. Judges award in basic categories but can award if the projects vary in size, scope, or challenges recognizing each project is very different. The judging process is confidential and well represented by members of the design, engineering, construction, and owner category to ensure diverse views. The criteria for the awards include;
- Innovation and Construction Techniques/Materials
- Contribution to the Community
- Meeting the Challenge of a Difficult Job
- Environmental Sensitivity
- Responsiveness to Client Needs and Customer Satisfaction
“Celebrating our Build Maine Award winners is a highlight of year for us at AGC Maine. It is inspirational to see the amazing work done across our state, and throughout the different division of work we support. Congratulations to this years’ winners!”said, Kelly Flagg, Executive Director of AGC Maine.
Projects must complete a review of each criterion along with documentation to support their bid for an award. Judges receive the information in advance, then meet in person to discuss, debate, and select the winners.
ABOUT ASSOCIATED GENERAL CONTRACTORS OF MAINE
Chartered in 1951, the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Maine is the state’s largest construction industry trade association. The Association maintains an office in Augusta and has 185+ members statewide. Member companies include general contractors, sub-contractors, and service and supply providers. For more information visit www.agcmaine.org