AGC Maine and AGC of America have been receiving inquiries from members about industry response and preparation for Coronavirus. This website will be updated as resources and information become available. We urge you to share this with your personnel, and please reach out to AGC Maine at (207) 622-4741 with any questions. If your company is facing any supply chain disruption, please use this form to help us understand potential impacts.
Essential Items for Contractors
Best Practices Toolkit Updated March 31, 2020, Version 4
AGC Maine assembled a Best Practices Toolkit for contractors using the enormous resources of AGC Chapters around the country. Take a look, adopt the policies and be safe.
Download the Best Practices Toolkit
( Combination of AGC resources from around the country)
Sample Safe Passage Letter for Essential Workers
WORD VERSION WITH APRIL 3, 2020 ORDER
Notice Critical Infrastructure Employee
*Note: This is a Maine designation only, if you are unsure of your status as essential, please review this list or ask for the designation directly or call our office.
State of Maine Official Orders and AGC Interpretations (Listed by Date)
Order Designating Construction as Essential – Date March 24, 2020 – 19 FY 19/20
The order for construction listed as essential refers to the Department of Homeland Security Designation (please see AGC America notice) and the reference within the Governor’s order to construction, and her comments at various press conferences and medial releases. Her office has continued to assert all construction is essential in direct communication with AGC Maine. All companies are strongly urged to adopt best practices, conduct toolbox talks and ensure compliance.
[Link to Order] [Construction Best Practices]
Order Regarding Further Restrictions on Public Contact and Movement including Vehicle Travel -Dated March 31, 2020,
Order # 28 FY 19/20
This order explains that travel to and from work for essential workers is allowed, however, it prohibits travel in vehicles with people other than family members. That change means one person/pickup. For contractors using vanpools for workers that are prohibited by law from driving, we are working on a designation as you can read in this order, “public transportation” use is not permitted unless absolutely necessary. We do not have official guidance, however, if you transport workers, they must have 6′ social distancing and we strongly recommend PPE. For those with current valid driver’s licenses, one person/vehicle.
[Link to Order] [AGC’s Vehicle Rental Discount]
An Order Regarding an Extension of the Current Use Taxation Deadline – March 31, 2020, Order # 30 FY 19/20
This order changes the tax filing deadline to July 1st in Maine.
[Link to Order]
Order Extending the Deadline Related to Property Tax Exemptions – March 31, 2020, Order # 31 FY 1920
This order extends the date for certain property tax exemption applications. That includes business equipment, solar and wind facilities.
[Link to Order]
An Order Establishing Arriving Quarantine Restrictions on Travelers in Maine – April 3, 2020, Order # 34 FY 19/20
This order requires all travelers entering Maine to self-quarantine for 14 days. Construction workers are considered essential and do are not required to comply UNLESS they are traveling for a designated hotspot, including New York City, Chicago, Detriot. Check back or watch our notices for additional “hotspots.”
[Link to Order] [Link to Safe Passage Letter]
Order Modifies in Person Notarization and Acknowledgment Requirements – April 8, 2020, Order # 37 FY 19/30
This Order applies to all provisions of Maine law that require a signature to be acknowledged, witnessed or notarized in person, with the exceptions of: (a) solemnizing marriages, (b) administering oaths to circulators of state or local direct initiative or referendum petitions and nomination petitions of candidates for electoral office, and ( c) absentee ballots in state and local elections. This Order authorizes remote, not electronic, notarization. All requirements under Maine law pertaining to the taking of sworn statements and acknowledgments by notaries and those authorized to perform notarial acts, other than the requirement to appear in person, remain in effect during the effective period of this Order.
[Link to Order]
Federal Government Information
President Signs Paid Leave: Understanding Paid Leave Mandates
- Construct Connect Creates Map for Delayed/Cancelled Projects in the United States
- Financial Resources in Maine
- Construction Dive Article Outlines 6 Ways this will Impact Construction
- Guidance on Preparing the Workplace
- Toolbox Talk Created by AGC of Washington
- AGC of America COVID-19 Page
- Small Business Association Loans
- Managing Project Risks
- Force Majeure
- Updates from the President
- Disinfectants for us Against COVID 19
- Around the Country State DOTs Continue Building America’s Infrastructure
- Reusable Masks for Construction as Recommended by CDC
Reusable Masks for Construction
- Supply Chain Assistance for Healthcare Workers and First Responders
Follow this link to learn ways you can help the COVID19 Response
General Cleaning for Offices, Job Sites and Homes
- DOL: Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for Coronavirus (pages 8 & 9)
- EPA: Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-1
- EPA Press Release: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-expands-covid-19-disinfectant-list
- Milwaukee: Cleaning of Tools to Help Prevent Spread of COVID-19
- CDC: Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations – Community Facilities
- OSHA Guidance on COVID-19 OSHA, the Coronavirus Pandemic and Recordkeeping
Learning About the Virus
- Toolbox Talk on COVID-19
- Virus Data and Mapping
- COVID Podcast with Dr.Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH
- CDC Guidelines
Press Release: Shutting Down Construction Projects is an Unnecessary Step, Will Harm Economy & Undermine Recovery Efforts, Construction Officials Say [Read Full Story]
Resources for Employees
(Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with places offering takeout)
(Email us local farms open)
- Hannaford to Go
- Maine Farms
- Walmart Pick or To Go
- Shaw’s Delivery
- If you shop Amazon, use Amazon Smile and Choose the AGC Maine Education Foundation. For each purchase, Amazon supports the future of construction.
Resources for Parents
- Schedule for Kids at Home
- Storytime From Space
- 13 Zoos Offering Online Experience
AGC America Free Webinar on COVID19 Topics
AGC America is holding a webinar series on the following topics, anyone on your team can register to participate.
1) To register, you need your AGC America user account. Get that here:https://www.agc.org/user?key=/
2) Go here and register, the first one is today at 2:00 PM on paid leave https://na.eventscloud.com/ereg/index.php?eventid=537770&
Part I: Your Federal and State Legal Obligations to Provide Paid and/or Unpaid Leave to Your Employees
Part II: What the Federal and Many State Labor and Employment Laws Are Likely to Require of You, as You Adjust Your Operations to Meet the Latest Contingencies?
Part III: The Contractual and Related Legal Protections and Risks for Construction Companies
Part IV: How to Protect Your People and Your Projects
Part V: The Components of a Comprehensive Project Continuity Plan
Part VI: Insurance Coverage and Claims for Losses Resulting from the Outbreak
Part VII: The Additional Pressure that the Outbreak Could be Putting on Your Information Technology
Part VIII: What You Need to Watch, as the Outbreak Continues to Unfold