LD 828, “An Act To Improve Regulatory Consistency within the Jurisdiction of the Maine Land Use Planning Commission”Private investment in Maine declined sharply during the recession. Energy has been one of the few bright spots for our industry. This year alone over 4,000 jobs will be created or sustained because of the wind industry.
Without a reasonable amendment, LD 828 will:
- Place at risk thousands of construction jobs when the industry is still struggling to return to peak employment levels of 2006
- Chill investment in the state when companies look to Maine to host its development and provide work for hundreds of Maine companies and thousands of Maine residents
- Allows major land use decisions to be made for townships with no public comment, no public hearing, and no criteria upon which a decision is made
- Deprives landowners of their private property rights and due process
- With signatures from just 50% of registered voters in a township, it creates an automatic removal process without criteria or public input
Help save Maine jobs and encourage members of the 127th Legislature to support Representative Saucier’s Amendment.
[Find Your Representative]
GET THE FACTS
[Permitting Process Chart]
[Read Jobs Report]
[Link to LD 828]
[AGC Maine Wind Energy Fact Sheet]