Website Reed & Reed
To inspect, operate, and maintain a mobile crane, mounted on crawlers or wheels, and to do so in full accord with OSHA standards and the manufacturer’s specifications regarding capacity and safe operation.
- Must be able to inspect crane before operation and perform any necessary maintenance before equipment is used.
- Calculates weights of items to be moved and checks capacity of crane to ensure that the load meets manufacturer’s specifications.
- Checks clearances, overhead lines, or any obstructions to avoid any potential for accidents or damage to personnel, building, load, or equipment.
- Operates equipment in response to hand or audio signals from other crew members. Will sometimes work in cooperation with another crane as a team effort.
- Obey all safety guidelines—federal, state, and company imposed—for inspection, operation, leaving crane unattended, erecting and dismantling.
- Maintains and completes daily inspection reports.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in lattice boom friction cranes (American, Manitowoc, Link-Belt Cranes).
- Must have current NCCCO certifications.
- Knowledge of the effective operation of cranes.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in the operation of heavy construction equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain additional licenses as required for the job.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of a team.
- Reading and writing skills sufficient to understand contractor information, applicable safety regulations, and to maintain records.
- Ability to adapt to exposure to all types of weather, including extreme heat and cold.
This position requires travel to assigned projects throughout Reed & Reed’s operating region.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org