AGC Maine Education Foundation
Notice: 2021 AGC Maine Construction Courses are Posted, Click Here.
The AGC Maine Education Foundation is pleased to invest in the future of the construction industry by awarding scholarships to deserving students studying engineering and/or construction management. Since 1993, the Foundation has awarded scholarships totaling more than $250,000 to technical schools, college undergraduate students and graduate students towards the end. Currently, scholarships to 8 to 12 selected students total $20,000-$25,000 annually with individual awards ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must be a Maine resident.
- Preferred to be entering or enrolling in an undergraduate, construction-related field of study at an accredited Maine post-secondary institute.
- Financial aid preferred, but not necessary.
- Must meet reasonable academic standards.
- Provide a 300-word typed essay explaining why you are pursuing a career in construction.
- Knowledge of the construction industry preferred, but not necessary.
- Include a transcript of your post-secondary grades; or high school transcript if enrolling in a University or College.
- Names of two references.
2021 Information Coming Soon.
Once applications have been reviewed, potential recipients will be contacted to participate in the interview portion of the Selection Process.
Scholarship Recipients and Non-Recipients will be contacted in writing once all interviews have been conducted.
Scholarships will be presented at an AGC Maine Board Meeting in September. Scholarship Recipients must attend.
Mail completed application to:
188 Whitten Road
Augusta, ME 04330
For more information or questions, please contact Andrea White at 207-622-4741.